Hosted 3-Day Pop Up Event at Space 15 Twenty
To Celebrate Launch of Clothing Collection in Urban Outfitters Stores Nationwide
June 28th, 2017 - Los Angeles, CA -LA’s monthly Emo Nite hosted a 3-Day Pop Up Event at Urban Outfitters’ Space 15 Twenty over the weekend in celebration of the release of their clothing collection in Urban Outfitters stores across the country. The line consists of t-shirts, hats and a long sleeve tee. For a full list of stores that are currently carrying the Emo Nite x UO collaboration, see below. The weekend was home to musical performances, a yoga session, live podcast taping and the ever-present sense of community that is at every Emo Nite LA event. For a look into the weekend, check out this recap video available on Emo Nite’s Youtube Channel. Urban Outfitters has also posted a photo gallery of the weekend on the UO Blog.
The 3-Day event kicked off Friday evening with DJ sets by Ham on Everything and Skins. Nearly the entire collection of clothing in the shop sold out and custom embroidery was available as well. The set up included an art installation showcasing all of the art created for Emo Nites over the past two and a half years as well as an ice sculpture of the graveboy logo. Guests were able to color the newest Emo Nite flyer for a chance to win #Earlyboy tickets to the July 11th event.
Saturday, Space 15 Twenty was home to an Emo Nite Showcase. DALES, SUPER WHATEVR, La Bouquet, Luna Shadows and Love Nothing performed to a packed crowd at Space 15 Twenty’s outdoor performance space. PBR provided free beer throughout the weekend and Two Boots Pizza came by with dozens of pizzas for the fans.
Day 3 featured Namastay 18 Forever, which is an Emo Themed Yoga class presented by Namasdrake. The pop up shop was also home to a live taping of the Ride or Cry Podcast with special guest Tyson Ritter of The All American Rejects. They talked about their upcoming tour with Dashboard Confessional, his experience acting on Parenthood and his thoughts on how Emo had changed, partially in part to Emo Nite events. Check out the episode, here.
Emo Nite LA is an event started by three friends (Babs Szabo, T.J. Petracca and Morgan Freed) that brings together people who share the love of emo rock music from the 90’s, 2000’s, and today. Different notable artists and musicians from all genres that have been inspired by emo and pop punk music have either DJ’d or performed at the events, which happen monthly in Los Angeles and regularly around the country in cities like New York City, San Francisco, San Diego, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Louisville, Phoenix, Seattle and more.
Celebrities like Halsey, Machine Gun Kelly, Demi Lovato, Debby Ryan, Post Malone, Kristen Stewart, Tyler Posey (Teen Wolf), Will Noon (Fun), Cole Sprouse, Scheana Marie (Vanderpump Rules), Justin Hartley (This Is Us/Young and the Restless) and Christhell Stause (All My Children) have attended the events in Los Angeles and have been seen wearing pieces from previous Emo Nite merchandise collections. Emo Nite has been featured in outlets like MTV, Teen Vogue, Consequence of Sound, Forbes, Rolling Stone, The New Yorker, LA Times, Billboard, LA Weekly, Time Out LA, Alternative Press, FUSE, HelloGiggles and KERRANG! and talked about on the Grammy’s Red Carpet. These events continue to be a home for fans, musicians, actors and everyone in between. The environment created by Babs, T.J. and Morgan provides a space for anyone that has been impacted and influenced by Emo music to come together and celebrate that commonality.
Emo Nite Pieces Appearing in Urban Outfitters Stores Below
- 1627 Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA
- 628 Broadway, New York, NY
- 1440 Third St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA
- 80 Powell St., San Francisco, CA
- 1100 North State St., Chicago, IL
- 2320 N.W. Westover Rd., Portland, OR
- 665 Fifth Ave., San Diego, CA
- 7650 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA
- 1507 5th Avenue, Seattle, WA
- 5331 East Mockingbird Lane, S.190, Dallas, TX
- 3393 Peachtree Rd. N.E., #2241 A, Atlanta, GA
- 3200 Las Vegas Blvd S., S.#1840, Las Vegas, NV
- 3000 E. 1st Ave, Cherry Creek #1101, Denver, CO
- 301 Light St., #2540, Baltimore, MD
- 8687 N. Central Expy, #2280, Dallas, TX
- 1520 N. Cahuenga Blvd., #1, Los Angeles, CA
- 521 Fifth Avenue at 43rd St., New York, NY
- 1 W. Washington St. #77-101 CityScape, Phoenix, AZ
- 1905 Calle Barcelona, #120 Forum, Carlsbad, CA
- 1140 Bardstown Rd, #A Tyler Park Plaza, Louisville, KY
- 7007 Friars Rd., #250-A Fashion Valley, San Diego, CA
- 3806 Cross Creek Rd., Malibu, CA
- 810 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA
- 1333 Broadway, Herald Sq., New York, NY1440