Las Vegas, NV, January 6, 2018 – CES 2018® will once again feature breakthrough products and services across a range of industries and consumer interests. New this year are dedicated areas and programming focusing on sports, smart cities, artificial intelligence, high tech retailing, digital money and more. CES 2018 will showcase life-changing technology across more than 2.7 million net sq. feet of exhibit space - the largest show floor in its 51 year history.
One of the fastest growing areas at CES, Eureka Park, will feature more than 900 startups from 42 countries, up 50 percent over last year. CES will also showcase the latest in vehicle technology, with more than 400 exhibitors making the automotive footprint at CES the fifth largest stand-alone auto show in the U.S. More than 170 government officials will attend CES to use the show and the Innovation Policy Summit conference track to examine hot-button policy topics that drive innovation and advance the industry. Last but not least, C Space returns for its fourth year and brings together the world’s innovators, content creators, marketers and creatives in one venue including Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Google, Hulu, NBCU, Spotify and more.
“CES is constantly evolving to capture the technologies and innovation of the future, it changes as our industry morphs and showcases the most cutting-edge work the tech world has to offer,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “CES 2018 has more new dedicated technology areas than I can ever remember us having in one year, and that speaks to the way technology is now in every single part of our lives, to make living easier through connectivity.”
Areas and programming appearing for the first time at CES include:
- CES Sports Zone - Tech West, Sands, Halls A-D
- Tech for athletes, arenas, eSports and next-gen sponsorships
- Smart Cities at CES - Tech East, Westgate
- Entire connected ecosystem for global smart city sector
- AI Marketplace - Tech East, LVCC, South Halls 1-2
- Data analytics, speech recognition and predictive tech
- Turning AI into New Ways of Doing Business SuperSession
- Design & Source Marketplace - Tech East, LVCC, South Plaza
- Connecting brands to buyers
- High-Tech Retailing Marketplace - Tech East, LVCC, South Hall 3
- Using “big data” to better understand shopping
Returning areas of major growth include:
- Eureka Park - Tech West, Sands, Hall G
- CES’ home for startups - Expanded from 600 to 900+ exhibitors from 42 countries
- Vehicle Technology - Tech East, LVCC, North Plaza
- Opening keynote by Ford Motor Company CEO Jim Hackett
- 11 automakers and a dedicated area for self-driving vehicles
- C Space - Tech South, Aria
- Connecting brands and platforms
- Featuring eBay Advertising, Google, Hulu, NBCU, Spotify, Snap Inc. and Turner
- Storytellers - Facebook, Disney, TWBA\Worldwide, IBM, CMOs, Google, Knotch & Oath, Samba TV
- Innovation Policy Panels - Tech East, LVCC, North Hall, N253
- 12 panels covering drones, SDV, Future of Work, VR, Sharing Economy, etc.
- The Digital Money Forum - Tech West, Venetian, Level 4, Lando 4302
- Special focus on commerce and the Internet of Things
New sessions and speakers:
- C Space Storyteller: Spotify
- C Space Storyteller: Samba TV
- Samba TV CEO Ashwin Navin
- Neil Patrick Harris
- The IAm App CEO Cody Willard
- CES Trends and What They Mean for Marketers
- Conversation with WPP CEO Sir Martin Sorrell
- Fly High in Asia
- IBM’s Turning AI into New Ways of Doing Business SuperSession
- MediaLink keynote speaker - MACRO Founder & CEO Charles D. King
- Marketing Reinvented, presented by MediaLink - The Future is Female
- Navigating the Global Marketplace, sponsored by Alibaba.com
- Scalable IoT Platforms and M2M Connectivity, presented by IMC and Telit
- The Female Equation: A Global Dialogue of Connection + Support
- ELLE USA Editor-in-Chief Nina Garcia
- Living in Digital Times Founder and President Robin Raskin
- The Latin Media Revolution
- Transforming the Future of Public Safety Communication, presented by FirstNet
CES 2018 is the global stage for innovation and will feature technology that changes lives. Additional expected trends include: voice and deep machine learning, 5G connectivity, self-driving tech, smart home, robotics, AR, VR, biometrics, security, sports and more. Owned and produced by CTA, CES 2018 will run January 9-12, 2018, in Las Vegas, NV.
Produced by the Consumer Technology Association, Inside CES 2018 - Trends and Takeaways provides a complete overview of the entirety of CES, including exclusive CTA research and trend analysis not available anywhere else. Ensure you understand the most important trends impacting the tech industry in the year ahead. Learn more and order your copy today.
CES® is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at CES.tech and on social.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is the trade association representing the $321 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
- CES Media Days
January 7-8, Las Vegas, NV
- CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 7, Las Vegas, NV
- CES 2018 - Register
January 9-12, Las Vegas, NV
- CES Asia 2018
June 13-15, Shanghai, China
Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release. YBLTV makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith.