15-Foot Fulldome Planetarium and Mobile Marksmanship Training Simulator Demos on Display in the Canon Booth
MELVILLE, N.Y., June 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — At InfoComm 2017 (June 14-16) at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will be in Booth #3129 showcasing their wide range of award-winning projectors that appeal to a number of markets and applications, along with entertaining and innovative partner solutions that help showcase the outstanding image quality and versatility of Canon projectors. In addition, there will be hands-on demonstrations of many of Canon’s renowned professional 4K and high-definition imaging equipment, including Cinema EOS cameras, lenses and 4K Reference Displays.
New and exciting highlights at the Canon booth this year include:
- 15-Foot Fulldome Planetarium: Canon has partnered with Spitz, one of the world’s largest suppliers of planetariums and dome screens, to demonstrate a single REALiS 4K600STZ Pro AV Laser LCOS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) Projector in a 15-foot hanging dome with edge-to-edge clarity to create a spectacular planetarium that is an engaging and unique teaching environment.
- Mobile Marksmanship Training Simulator (MMTS): The new REALiS WUX500ST Pro AV LCOS Projector will be the centerpiece of Laser Shot’s premiere Law Enforcement and Military training solution - the Mobile Marksmanship Training Simulator (MMTS). Come see how the world’s elite forces train in a vivid virtual world and compete for the highest accuracy scores!
Visitors are also encouraged to speak with Canon’s award-winning Professional Service & Support team located in the Canon booth to learn more about this dedicated group of professionals and the programs available for Dealer/Integrator and end-user customers.
The Canon U.S.A., Inc. booth at InfoComm will also showcase its range of projector products including:
- REALiS WUX500ST Pro AV LCOS Projector: The newest addition to the Canon projector lineup combines a lightweight and compact design with a high brightness of 5000 lumens and high WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200). Superb installation can be achieved with the 0.56:1 short throw ratio and extreme lens shift of 0-75 percent vertical (maximum) and 10 percent horizontal. This flexibility is further enhanced with HDBaseT¹ which allows uncompressed HD video, audio and control signals to be transmitted (up to a maximum distance of 328 ft.) seamlessly.
- REALiS 4K600STZ Pro AV 4K Laser LCOS Projector: This is a powerful yet compact 4K projector with a laser light source and was recently awarded “Best of Show” from Sound and Video Contractor at NAB 2017. It utilizes LCOS technology with Canon’s advanced AISYS optical engine and powerful dual image processors to produce a detail-rich native 4K resolution of 4096 x 2400. All this, combined with a high brightness of 6000 lumens and dynamic contrast ratio of up to 10,000:1 creates an outstanding, close-to-life image. High performance and advanced features, such as Marginal Focus for projection onto domed surfaces, are united with the practical benefits of virtually maintenance-free operation and a compact, lightweight design.
- REALiS 4K501ST Pro AV 4K LCOS Projector: The REALiS 4K501ST LCOS Projector combines native 4K resolution of 4096 x 2400, high brightness, and a robust collection of advanced features - all in a compact size, making it ideal for a wide variety of industries and applications including simulation and training, museums and galleries, higher education, corporate and houses of worship. The REALiS 4K501ST comes equipped with a specially designed Genuine Canon 4K short focus wide zoom lens with a consistent F2.6 aperture and throw ratio of 1.0-1.3:1. The lens barrel has a bold red ring which indicates that this lens shares technology with Canon’s renowned L-series EF mount professional camera lenses such as an advanced spherical focus feature.
- REALiS WUX6500 Pro AV LCOS Projector: The new Canon REALiS WUX6500 offers a high level of brightness (6500 Lumens), combined with outstanding native WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200) and Canon’s renowned LCOS technology with AISYS-enhancement to help reproduce images with incredible detail and color accuracy. The REALiS WUX6500 can be outfitted to match a variety of installation environments and applications as it is compatible with a choice of five optional high-resolution Genuine Canon projection lenses ranging from Ultra Wide Angle to Ultra Long Focus Zoom.
- REALiS WUX500 Pro AV LCOS Projector: The REALiS WUX500 is an award-winning, high-performance projector that combines WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200), 5000 lumens, built-in HDBaseT™ receiver, and Canon’s renowned LCOS technology with AISYS-enhancement. This model’s advanced built-in Genuine Canon projection lens and optical system allows the projector to maintain virtually the same amount of constant brightness at different throw distances.
- LX-MU800Z Laser DLP Projector: The award-winning LX-MU800Z Laser DLP Projector is Canon’s first single-chip DLP projector with a Laser Phosphor Light Source that delivers up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free operation, helping to reduce the total cost of ownership. Key features include native WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200), up to 8000 lumens, a dynamic contrast ratio up to 10,500:1, and eight interchangeable lens options with motorized lens shift for installation flexibility.
- LV-HD420 Full HD DLP Projector: The compact LV-HD420 offers native Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution as well as 4200 Lumens and a high 8,000:1 contrast ratio, all in an approximate 7 lb. compact body. For simplified installation and maintenance this model includes dual HDMI inputs and is filter-free.
In addition, attendees visiting the Canon booth can enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win a Canon EOS M10 (White) EF-M 15-45mm IS STM camera and lens kit (estimated retail price $599.99) or Canon EOS Rebel T6 18-55mm IS II DSLR camera and lens kit (estimated retail price $549.99)*. Drawings will be held daily with two prizes awarded each day. Complete details on entry instructions, timings of drawings, and prize description will be available at the Canon booth.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open only to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 and older. Void outside U.S. and where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry Period for the sweepstakes is June 14, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:55 p.m., June 15, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:55 p.m., and June 16, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:55 p.m. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. For Official Rules and prize descriptions, visit Canon’s booth at InfoComm 2017. Sponsor: Canon U.S.A., Inc., One Canon Park, Melville, NY 11747.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
¹ The combination of a TX (transmitter) and RX (receiver) is required in order to create an HDBaseT system. Since the RX (receiver) is built into these models, and the TX (transmitter) is sold separately by another manufacturer – functionality cannot be guaranteed. Please check compatibility before use.
Canon U.S.A. Website:
For sales information/customer support: