Get your hands on this device if you want another alternative to safety!
- Uses a free app that allows for easy use of the device
- Small enough to put in a pocket for concealment if desired
- Clear hearing from device speakers
- Alert Mode is quick to activate and proceed with protocols
- Long battery life
- Get text alerts if the device fails to stay synced to the phone
- Can’t stay synced to your phone if not right next to it
- Can’t be submerged in water, which could be problematic in water-hazardous situations
- Need a subscription to access the “full suite” of Silent Beacon LLC services
- Live GPS tracking doesn’t occur unless you pay monthly!
You are walking home alone from a night at the bar with some friends. It’s late, and you know you can’t call anyone for fear of waking them up. As you walk down the sidewalk, suddenly, you hear footsteps behind you that wasn’t there a moment ago. You pick up speed, but not enough to give away that you’re aware of their presence. You calmly fumble in your coat pockets and quickly realize that you left your mace at home. But then you realize that you have a small device attached to your key chain. This device is small enough to conceal and many can mistake it for a keyfab for a car, in all honesty. The unknown assailant finally reaches you. You press the buttons on the device until it vibrates, causing a red ring of light to form on the front and thus forcing it into Alert Mode. The assailant panics as he hears a voice coming from your device, which was in your coat pocket. The assailant runs away, and you find a safe place to wait for the person on your phone to come get you. This is Silent Beacon’s mission in a nutshell, to provide its users with a peace of mind that, when needed, will provide a means to receive assistance. Silent Beacon by Silent Beacon LLC is the perfect device for those who need to feel safe at night or in virtually any circumstance.
Specs/Features of the Silent Beacon
- Water resistant
- Compact in size, so it is easy to store or hide!
- Rechargeable battery via a dust and water-resistant micro-USB cable
- Has a reinforced area for key chains and lanyards
- Vibration function to accompany alert status
- Bluetooth syncing function with Bluetooth 4.0
- Compatible with iPhones 4S and later
- Compatible with Android phones 4.4 and later
- iPad compatibility with those that have Retina Display and later
- Utilizes the latest Silent Beacon App!
- Has multicolored LED lights for easier ability to visualize alerts, charging, and also connectivity
- Has two indented buttons to reduce accidental alert mode activation
- Comes with a large speaker with noise cancellation function, for a clear means of communication
- Comes with an accessory clip for more wearable functionality
- Call for help without ever touching your phone!
- Transmit your location to your emergency contacts!
- Can notify all emergency contacts all at once via text or email
In closing, it is very much worthwhile to say that the Silent Beacon is a creative little device. It has spunk in all the right places. The simple fact that I can disorient a potential robber or assailant by sending the Silent Beacon into Alert Mode is a truly powerful feature. My biggest gripe unfortunately is that it seems to be physically incapable of staying synced to my phone when I am in the next room over. For it using Bluetooth 4.0 technology, I am not impressed by its radius of functionality. So, if I ever leave the house and wish to use the Silent Beacon, I better have my phone in my pocket.
Another, we will say strange, notion about the device is that to use the “full suite” of services, as Silent Beacon LLC coins it, you have to pay a monthly fee. Don’t fret, it isn’t fifty dollars a month or anything like that. But it costs $1.99 a month to be able to store up to seven Emergency Contacts as well as control over who gets contacted at what point in the Alert Mode function, switch Password Protection on or off, and to allow for live tracking view of your footsteps. On that last one, what that means is the approved contacts that you have listed as being able to view your GPS location will have a live viewing of such. Without the subscription, this is not possible. The GPS location without the subscription updates every so often, so it would not be accurate as to where you are in that moment. I totally get needing to monetize some feature about the device, but this seems like a rather odd choice to force people’s hands in. Safety should be free, but that is my opinion.
On a scale of 1 to 10, I give the Silent Beacon an 8, but with recommendations from me to get your hands on this device if you want another alternative to safety! And don’t forget when shopping for the Silent Beacon— Get FREE shipping when you use coupon code: biz
Disclosure of Material Connection: YBLTV Writer / Reviewer B.C. Minton received Silent Beacon from Silent Beacon, LLC in consideration for a product review.