Phantom Power, 2×2 Recording on a Budget in One Tiny Box
Shopping for a USB audio interface can be a daunting challenge, but Behringer’s U-PHORIA UMC22 is an affordable solution for seasoned home recording enthusiasts and beginners alike. Recording tracks for a demo, album or YouTube project? Collaborating remotely with others for a large-scale project? Need quality preamps, phantom power and portability to make great tracks?
Look no further.
Despite its small footprint, this little box delivers. And at $39.99, it’s a bargain. It’s a great tool for solo artists who want to spend more time creating and less time troubleshooting technical problems.
After downloading the driver and pairing it with my PC and digital audio workstation, I was up and running in minutes. It’s just that simple. I had no issues with latency on a Core i3 laptop. There are two inputs to record mics and instruments; a 1 / 4” standard input, and a MIDAS-designed mic preamp with +48v phantom power, which successfully powered my Rode NT1-A condenser microphone. The Rode performed spectacularly on the UMC22, giving my vocals a natural, warm tone.
The front panel offers controls for each input, as well as Clip and Signal lights. It also includes a headphone jack with its own level control for direct monitoring. The rear panel includes (L) and (R) 1 /4” outputs, USB port, and the phantom power switch.
Behringer also offers free access to recording software, plus more than 100 instrument/effect plug-ins on its website to get you started.
“Despite its small footprint, this little box delivers. And at $39.99, Behringer’s U-PHORIA UMC22 is a bargain,” – K. K. Watts, YBLTV Writer / Reviewer
- 2×2 USB audio interface for recording microphones and instruments
- Audiophile 48kHz resolution for professional audio quality
- Compatible with popular recording software including Avid Pro Tools*, Ableton Live*, Steinberg Cubase*, etc.
- Streams 2 inputs / 2 outputs with ultra-low latency to your computer, supporting Mac OS X* and Windows XP* or higher
- State-of-the-art, MIDAS designed Mic Preamplifier with +48 V phantom power
- Powerful Phones output with Level control and Direct Monitor select
- Status, Signal and Clip indications for perfect overview
- USB port for connection and power
- Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer.com
- “Built-like-a-tank”, impact-resistant metal chassis
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
In the box
- U-Phoria UMC22
- USB cable
- Instruction booklet