The WAGAN (EL9886) Cool Air Car Cushion is perfect if you have to work with a co-worker who likes the office warm, or you suffer from hot flashes or your air conditioner is not working in your car. It can be used in home or in your car.
I purchased the WAGAN Cool Air Car Cushion online from Amazon for $35.00. The directions were very easy and it has definitely held true to its name.
The WAGAN Cool Air Car Cushion has straps that are attached to the cushion in order to hold the seat cushion in place. However, I do not think that it is a one-size-fits-all cushion as it often slips downward or moves upward in my car seat. Nevertheless, I still make it work for my 2000 Chevy Cavalier.
The Car Cushion is supposed to keep your legs, thighs and back cool. I use it in over 100 degree weather. It works, but not as well as I want to stay cool in my car where the air conditioner went out. I blame it on the extreme heat of Vegas! I do, however, think the WAGAN Cool Air Car Cushion would work just fine for lower temperatures and high humidity.
The Cushion has a standard 12volt DC for the cigarette lighter socket, and an adjustable high and low switch for the fan - located at the bottom of the seat. I think it is the location of the fan that may cause the seat to not always stay in place.
- DC Power Adapter: 12V
- Power Cord Length: 6′ (72″)
- Current Draw: 1A
- Controller: Built-in
- Controller: On-Off & Fan High-Low
- Exterior material: polyester mesh cloth
- Dimensions LxWxH: 39.5 x 19 x 1.5 (in.)
- Weight: 4.0 lbs
The Wagan Cool Air Car Cushion has its pros and cons:
- Dispenses cool air
- Mesh material lets the air flow easily
- Excellent home or office use
- Strap does not hold seat cushion as firmly in place
- Fan is at the bottom which makes the seat cover heavy and shift in place
- AC adapter for charging uses up your battery
- Does not work very well in extremely high temperatures