YBLTV Review: PogCam from PogoTec
Where Will Your PogoCam Take You This Summer?
An intricate eye cam that can take snappy photos or quick clips. This resonates my every thought when using the PogoCam for the first time. It is a veritable “I can, eye cam” wearable camera. And why not? The PogoCam definitely takes the guesswork out of taking pictures or short videos in what I could only surmise to be sleuth-like fashion. Be that as it may, it is one nifty camera. In an age where people use technology for everything and taking pictures at random moments is a given, the PogoCam fits right in with the long list of gadgets that utilize society’s requirements. What I like about this camera is how petite it is. My first thought when I took it out of the box was, “Now how is this thing going to take good pictures?” It’s always great to be pleasantly surprised at how your initial perceptions were wrong. PogoTec does not disappoint in belaying doubts. The PogoCam is all about capturing your personal experiences, and then being able to view the photos and videos at a later time.
Specs/Features of the PogoCam
- 720p picture quality
- Magnet on the side of the PogoCam in order to lock on to the PogoLoop
- PogoLoop, another accessory that allows for the PogoCam to attach properly to your glasses or sunglasses
- Takes 5MP photos
- Can store up to 16,000 photos on the Smart Case
- Can store up to 180 thirty-second videos on the Smart Case
- The PogoCam itself takes 100 photos and six 30-second videos on a single charge
- Has a 20-day standby time in battery life
- Takes about 35 minutes to charge to 100%
- Water and sweat resistant
- Safety rings help to prevent detachment or loss
- May use the USB cord to transfer photos and videos to computers
- May use Bluetooth to transfer photos & videos
PogoCam Pros & Cons
- It is small and sleek; something that is important for a wearable camera
- Holds a lot of photos and videos, for how small it is
- Photos and videos are great quality
- 720p, which is astonishing for a small device
- User-friendly and easy to set up
- Has an app to view what you have taken on thus far
- The battery can quickly drain if used frequently; but this is a minor nitpick
- The PogoLoops and Safety rings can be tricky to get on
All in all, the PogoCam is a sleeper hit in the world of petite wearable technology. The PogoTec company knows what it is doing when it came to designing the camera. Once the accessories that can be placed onto your glasses are ready, interlocking the camera to the magnet is a breeze. While the quality is not 1080p, it is amazing nonetheless for being 720p. So whether you are trying to be sneaky or just trying to take first person point of view photos and videos, the PogoCam is a must-have.
For more information on the PogoCam, go here.
Disclosure of Material Connection: YBLTV Writer / Reviewer B.C. Minton, received the PogoCam from PogoTec in consideration for a Product Review.