YBLTV Review: Sloggers Shoes
I love this time of year. The air is warm; the animals are active and it’s the perfect weather for gardening. However, along with the warm weather comes summer storms, saturating the ground with muddy water. Puddles are common occurrences, often not obvious until it’s too late. That’s why it’s essential to have the perfect pair of gardening shoes. Introducing Sloggers shoes from Sloggers, the gardening shoe that is 100% comfortable, waterproof and made in the U.S. One of the items featured earlier this month at this year’s National Hardware Show, Sloggers are the shoes that protect your feet while providing style and comfort.
- $29.99 per pair
- Available in a variety of colors and patterns
- Sloggers are available in whole sizes only; however, shoes come with half size insoles which can be placed inside the shoe to make it a half size smaller
- Fully waterproof
- Sloggers can be worn with or without socks
- Made in America
Sloggers are fully waterproof, this means that you can step in puddles without fear of water seeping in. They also appear to be sweat resistant. I’ve worn my shoes sockless for several days and sweated profusely in them. Yet, my shoes still smell like brand new plastic. The fit is tight, but not uncomfortable and the sizes are true to traditional shoe sizes. In addition to working order and fit, I love the many colors and styles available. My favorite color is blue, and I couldn’t be more pleased with the pattern that I got: Spring Surprise Blue. Besides shoes, Sloggers also sells boots which provide the same comfort and style of the shoes but in traditional rain boot form.
- Comfortable and tight-fitting
- Fully waterproof, so my feet remain dry even in the wettest of weather conditions
- The secure fit allows the possibility of any outdoor activity such as running, hiking, and jumping without the fear of the shoe slipping off
- The shoes continue to smell fresh and new, despite continually sweating in them
- The shoes are heavy and are made of a thick material which causes my feet to sweat. However, I realize that the weight of the shoe is due to the waterproof materials and the weight is not overly bothersome
- The shoes have a slight plastic odor but this smell masks the scent of sweat and does not affect me. However, it may bother those who have a disdain for chemical and plastic odors
I love my pair of Sloggers! They are stylish, comfortable and affordable. They have the durability of rain boots but the style of clogs. The tight fit allows any activity possible and the sole fits my foot perfectly. Finally, I am impressed that the shoes still smell fresh after many hours of use. I would recommend these shoes as they are worth the price!
Disclosure of Material Connection: YBLTV Writer / Reviewer Sarah Kepins received a pair of Sloggers Shoes from Sloggers in consideration for a Product Review.