Innovators in Mobile Entertainment and Technology Recognized at VIP Events in Hollywood
January 27, 2016, Los Angeles, CA—The Mobile Excellence Awards (MEAs), now in its 9th year, honored the 2016 Best of Mobile winners at two exclusive events attended by leaders representing the entire mobile ecosystem: entertainment, technology, media, and marketing.
Industry luminaries and global media outlets gathered at Soho House–the luxurious private club in West Hollywood–to celebrate achievements by companies and individual executives who have furthered the mobile industry and impacted how the world engages with mobile devices. Winners and key influencers were also treated to a networking breakfast the following morning at Cecconi’s, renowned for its chic environment and power player meetings.
Known as ‘The Oscars of Mobile’, the MEAs has seen even more dramatic growth in the industry this year, particularly in video. “We couldn’t be more thrilled with the level of innovation and creativity we saw in this year’s entries,” noted Sarah Miller, CEO of Axis PR & Entertainment, who is Executive Producer of the event. “As we enter our 10th year, it’s clear that the determination and sheer brilliance in the leadership of these companies are transforming the world we live in. It’s a fantastic time to be in mobile.”
Awards are greatly coveted, with winners drawn from a high caliber submissions pool from studios, brands, content providers, start-ups, products, carriers, and more. Categories address a range of mobile lifestyle experiences, including everything from video, music, games, social engagement, philanthropy, information, and wellness to shopping. The organization takes pride in recognizing both rising stars and established leaders at the top of their game.
“We’re very excited that the Mobile Excellence Awards is heading into its 10th year with new partners, sponsors, innovators and leaders who have been instrumental in shaping the future of mobile,” said Miller. “We know that it’s the people who make this the special gala that it is, and appreciate the support from the community and event staff. It’s gratifying that we all share the same commitment to this dynamic industry because we believe in the positive impact mobile has had on our daily lives.”
The 9th Annual Mobile Excellence Awards are produced by Axis PR & Entertainment and sponsored in part by globally recognized companies such as Intel, El Rey Network, AstologyZone, ITV Alliance and others. More information can also be found at www.mobilexawards.com.
9th Annual Mobile Excellence Award Winners
- Best Humanitarian: Operation Underground Railroad
- Industry Star: Intel
- Mobile Ambassador: Anjali Shastri
- Best Branded Experience Made for Mobile: Futurama: Game of Drones
- Best Delivery Platform for Mobile: OpenMarket
- Best Entertainment Related Marketing Campaign: Univision for La Conecta App
- Best Mobile Payment/Commerce: DailyUse Mobile Wallet
- Best Kids Content for Mobile: Ormco Corporation: Bethany Hamilton Damon Smile Emoji Keyboard
- Best Live Streaming or Video for Mobile: AWE
- Best Mobile Analytics/Big Data: Drawbridge App Traction Index
- Best Mobile App/Service for Connected Daily Lifestyle: IHG Translator App
- Best Mobile Game(s): Futurama: for Game of Drones
- Best Mobile Innovator: Xpose, Inc.
- Best Mobile Product: Huawei for HUAWEI MateBook
- Best Mobile Sports: Augusta National Golf Club and IBM’s 2016 Masters Golf Tournament App
- Best Mobile Utility /Productivity Application for on a Smartphone or Tablet: ChatWork
- Best Multinational Company: Brandtone
- Best Original Content for Mobile: Kings of Fi$h
- Best Social Community for Mobile: CI&T for Sprite RFRSH Na Lata
- Best Technology Breakthrough: Tangoe for Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
- Best User Experience for Mobile: SapientNitro for Minneapolis Institute of Art
About Mobile Excellence Awards
The Mobile Excellence Award organization is one of the most coveted and prestigious events in the mobile industry. Coined as the “Oscars” of Mobile, the MEA organization recognizes and honors leaders and innovation in mobile entertainment and technology across the globe. The MEAs produce various high level and high profile events for visionaries and leaders by offering knowledge exchange, peer networking, market intelligence and recognition through various programs throughout the year. In addition, MEAs’ holds the most prestigious annual awards event in the industry, honoring excellence in all segments of the mobile ecosystem. For more information, please visit http://mobilexawards.us10.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=21235dc54eb8cbf531678af7a&id=668bc34dfa&e=6f7127250f.