Emerging Live Streaming, Advertising and Interactive Experience Companies Added to SPROCKIT’s 2016 Program at NAB Show
WASHINGTON, D.C. — NAB Show organizers today announced the next 10 startups chosen to participate in SPROCKIT 2016. These pioneering companies have been selected by industry leaders to collaborate with and present before influencers and decision makers at this year’s NAB Show, scheduled for April 18-21, 2016 in Las Vegas.
Now in its fourth year, SPROCKIT’s annual program features up to 30 emerging companies that are hand-selected by industry leaders based on their potential to develop innovative solutions to the issues facing today’s top media, entertainment and technology companies. New startups joining the previously announced SPROCKIT 2016 companies in this year’s program include:
- Blue Frame Technology’s Production Truck software, streaming platform and first-class support make it easy and cost-effective for individuals, groups, and organizations to stream and monetize video content.
- Easy Live is a cloud-based editing tool for distributing content on all platforms with one click.
- Hearken is an audience-driven platform enabling journalists to partner with the public to create relevant and high performing stories.
- KlowdTV is a live streaming subscription platform compatible with desktop computers and mobile devices, along with Roku, Google Chromecast, and AppleTV. Its programming is fully licensed for U.S. distribution, including live sports and outdoor programming.
- MegaphoneTV enhances the viewer experience through unique features such as interactive on-air graphics, nationwide real-time audience polling, contests and gaming, and actionable ads tailored to any show.
- Streamstar designs and manufactures advanced live production tools that enable users to easily produce and stream professional multi-camera video productions.
- Switchboard Live, formerly JOICASTER, allows live content creators to syndicate their live stream to more than one platform and leverage the subscriber base of multiple channels to increase viewership.
- TVadSync helps advertisers improve return on online advertising by reaching the right consumers at the right time with the right message.
Viviso is a live TV ad-injection platform for TV channels that offers the opportunity to monetize live streaming ad-breaks on any connected device.
- VizSense’s platform tracks content and measures its social movement to provide interactive visuals for identifying and engaging super fans, credible voices and key influencers.
“The technologies being developed today are data driven and highly targeted to the end-user experience,” said Harry Glazer, founder and CEO of SPROCKIT. “With SPROCKIT, we are connecting the people and technology that are shaping the convergence of media, tech and entertainment by having startups and industry leaders work side-by-side on driving the future.”
SPROCKIT will not only showcase its industry-vetted emerging companies at NAB Show in Las Vegas, but convene throughout the year at SPROCKIT Sync, a series of private meetings where executives and entrepreneurs meet to collectively discuss and introduce new technologies that will advance the industry. Since its launch in 2013, dozens of emerging companies have participated in SPROCKIT and experienced rapid growth, including successful funding rounds, partnerships and even acquisitions.
SPROCKIT is created in partnership with World Series of Startups, LLC and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB). SPROCKIT corporate members include: Cox Media, Hearst Television, Samsung, Tegna, Univision and others. SPROCKIT supporters include: Angel Capital Association, Boston Consulting Group, Entertainment Technology Center (ETC) at USC, Interactive Television Alliance, Irving Group, Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, National Venture Capital Association, New Amsterdam Media, New Vantage Group, SmithGeiger and Springboard Enterprises.
For more information about SPROCKIT, sprockitglory.com.
SPROCKIT is the media and entertainment alliance of corporate executives and industry-vetted emerging companies showcasing and collaborating on products, services and new revenue models. SPROCKIT spotlights industry innovations through two channels: a showcase at NAB Show, the world’s largest media and entertainment event; and SPROCKIT Sync, a series of private meetings where conversations continue in Silicon Valley, New York and Los Angeles. Together, media and entertainment executives and entrepreneurs are shaping the future of the industry by building relationships to tackle cross-sector challenges, forecast trends and bring solutions to market. Learn more at sprockitglory.com.
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 16-21, 2016 in Las Vegas, is the world’s largest electronic media show covering the creation, management and delivery of content across all platforms. With 103,000 attendees from 166 countries and 1,700+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for digital media and entertainment. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is home to the solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. For complete details, visit www.nabshow.com.