Network More Than Triples in Size Over One-Year Period; Offers New Customer Workflows in Streaming, Graphics, Content, Controllers— and Introduces Media Asset Management Category
AMSTERDAM, Sept. 13, 2013 (Virtual Press Office) — IBC Stand 7.K11 — NewTek™ today announced continued momentum of the NewTek Developer Network, with the addition of 16 new companies to the vast ecosystem of companies that create compelling workflows for NewTek customers. The Network, which includes companies in several different workflow categories—streaming, graphics, content, controllers—has also expanded to include a media asset management category, and brings the total number of participating technology partners to 34.
“The momentum we’re experiencing with the NewTek Developer Network is tremendous, with the number of participating companies expanding to more than three times over what we had just one year ago,” said Michael Kornet, executive vice president of business development at NewTek. “Every product in the NewTek Development Network helps our customers to produce or distribute video content with greater quality, agility, and ease—and we are honored that so many leading companies continue to approach NewTek with a keen interest in developing best-in-classworkflows for our industry-standard TriCaster and 3Play systems.”
Dean Kolkey, President of NewsMaker Systems commented, “We are very excited about integrating with TriCaster to evolve the process of making news. Using the MOS Protocol, our NewsCaster product can link TriCaster directly to a newsroom computer system, and play back video clips, still graphics, CG text, and audio assets—directly from the TriCaster UI as sequenced within a news program rundown. This integration puts incredible flexibility at the fingertips of any news producer, helping to streamline equipment, automate production tasks, and efficiently deliver a high-quality TV news viewing experience.”
New Workflows, New Developers
The NewTek Developer Network, which already includes industry veterans such as AJA, Avid, ChyronHego, Compix and Ustream, offers customers an extended set of products and services that work directly with TriCaster and 3Play systems to provide innovative solutions for live production. The newest companies to unveil new products and workflows for NewTek customers include:
Media Asset Management (MAM)
- axle Video—axle Gear— radically simple media management in a 1 RU appliance that installs right next to any TriCaster. Using axle’s web browser interface for laptops and iPads, it shows all TriCaster files and file shares, and lets users search, select, and annotate files, as well as transcode and move clips to other destinations.
- Square Box Systems— CatDV —a Media Asset Management and workflow solution that allows users to search the CatDV database for historic, reusable footage and return a set of clips directly into TriCaster and 3Play.
- Ensemble Designs— BrightEye NXT Router—for bringing more sources into TriCaster 8000. Built-in clean switches allow use of SDI and HDMI sources, even when they don’t have a reference. Users can set the number of inputs and outputs.
- LiveXpert—LiveMixer— a remote application that enables users to control the TriCaster internal audio mixer using the Behringer BCF 2000 or Yamaha 01V96i Audio Mixer consoles.
- NewsMaker Systems—NewsCaster—providing seamless integration between the contents of the TriCaster media bins and events in MOS Protocol-enabled newsroom computer systems, such as ANNova, ENPS, Avid iNews, NorCom and Octopus systems.
- Rundown Creator—TriCaster Playout Controller—a web application for planning TV, radio, and internet shows that allows users to insert titles, graphics, audio clips, and video clips into scripts, and play them out on a TriCaster.
- Tally-Lights—Tally Light System—for wired or wireless connectivity of up to eight cameras through TriCaster USB or tally light ports without taking up a camera input.
- Telemetrics—RCCP-1 Robotic Camera Control Panel and the PT-CP-S4 Pan/Tilt Head with HDSC-1 Broadcast Robotics Specialty Camera—a pan-tilt-zoom camera control system for TriCaster.
- X-Keys—XK series USB keypads and controllers—assignable keys allow users to instantly create a custom control box for any TriCaster application, with clearly labeled dedicated keys that maximize efficiency and reduce mistakes.
- LiveU—LiveU Link—a software-based solution allowing seamless integration between LiveU’s portable uplink units and NewTek’s TriCaster integrated live production system. Stream live video from the unit to LiveU’s proprietary server, which automatically pushes the stream to a selected TriCaster with pre-configured settings.
- Streaming Media Hosting—The SMH Media Platform— for easily connecting, configuring and controlling a TriCaster with SMH from any remote location, with a streamlined workflow that allows for seamless recording, editing, transcoding, and streaming live all from the Cloud to a global audience.
- Telestream—Wirecast—offering easy access to Wirecast directly from the TriCaster streaming configuration panel for added live streaming options. Wirecast enables multi-format live encoding and streaming to multiple web and local destinations concurrently.
- Teradek—Teradek Cube—a portable H.264 encoder that can wirelessly stream HD video from any camera source directly to TriCaster systems. TriCaster users can also pull remote live video feeds from Teradek bonded cellular devices.
- Casper CG—CasperCG—open source software that plays simultaneous layers of dynamic graphics, videos and images in real-time, and connecting to TriCaster over iVGA without taking up a camera input.
- LiveXpert—Live CG Sport Football—an all-in-one remote application for computer-generated scoring and statistics that connects to TriCaster over iVGA without taking up a camera input.
- Media5—CG5 NET IP—a multilayer character generator, providing TriCaster users with access to a complete graphical broadcast solution with the highest quality and versatility essential to every channel or production company.
- April Broadcast—TriCaster Format Virtual Sets—a convenient portal for templates of premium 3D virtual sets complete with TriCaster layers and LiveSet.exe formats that allow control and modification of set elements—including multiple free sets (Business, Education, News and Sports) now included directly in the TriCaster.
To learn more about the NewTek Developer Network and its SDK program, visit newtek.com/solutions/newtek-developer-network.html.
About 3D Storm & NewTek
3D Storm, distributor of NewTek products in Europe, Middle-East, Africa, Turkey, Russia and Pakistan since 1999, is a leading player in the convergence of IT & Broadcast industries. 3D Storm professional team delivers bespoke services on the field, providing customers with an exclusive access to the newest and most innovative solutions on the market, such as TriCaster and 3Play. 3D Storm offers cost-effective solutions for anyone to bring their vision into real live television production.
3D Storm clients such as BBC, Sky, Mediaset, RAI, Radio RAI, CNBC, Azzura TV, Telenova, TF1, France Televisions, BFM TV, RTL, WDR, MDR, RTBF, MBC Dubai, SBC Seychelles, TV4, Borsen TV, Kanal Sport Denmark, Super Sport South Africa, TVGA (TV de Galicia), TV3, Banco Santander, Real Madrid F.C, Arsenal Media, Paris Parc des Princes Stadium, Copenhagen Parken Stadium, City of Paris, European Parliament, Metropole Orchestra, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, King Abdullah University Saudi Arabia… deliver daily live and streaming productions with NewTek products.
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses, faster than ever before.
Clients include: “The X Factor,” ESPN X Games, New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas.
Press Information, Review Units and Imagery
CONTACT: Cecile Labarde, firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +33(0)5 57 262 279